The Chronicles of Shannon's Charlotte Lovers

I have decided to take a break from writing about my oh-so-exciting anxiety ridden life and bring you guys some laughter because lets face it, my love life is pretty fucking comical. I moved to Charlotte in July of 2015 after a breakup. I wanted a fresh start in a new city and what made that fresh start even better was that I would be close to my sister again. At first, I was not looking for love at all. I wanted to enjoy my single life. I went out a lot. I wanted to taste the flavor of the city I was living in. Honestly, all bar scenes are the same but it's more fun when you don't know anybody, so I was having an awesome time meeting new people, drinking new beer and experiencing all things NEW. Most of the time, I would end up drunk, in my own bed, calling my ex. Fail. Who hasn't done it, though? Eventually, I started getting annoyed with the fact that I didn't have a booty call sleeping by my side anymore. I actually had to work for it now. I am not the one.night.stand kind of girl so that makes things more difficult for me. I patiently waited, well, until October of 2015. That month is the month my first lover came in to play.

Now, I am not writing these to be a negative Nancy or to be a bitch holding grudges over my ex-lovers. I am writing them to show you what I have dealt with for the past two years of trying to date. Sometimes, I didn't even want to date these guys... I just really wanted to have sex with them and even that didn't work out most of the time. So, for you, I hope you get some laughs out of this. For me, well, I just keep saying to myself 'better luck next time, girl.' I have given each of these men (if you can call some of them that) nicknames. The nickname pertains to their situation. Hmm, I don't know if that's the word I should use but hey, it's my blog and I do what I want. I am not even being an asshole and revealing their identities, but if some of you dudes are reading this, I hope you see yourselves through my eyes and think a little bit about what you're working with. Check the mirror, bro and stop being a douche. Well, I think I have given a pretty decent synopsis of what you're about to dive into so I hope you enjoy my failures to the fullest. The next post, you will learn about my first Charlotte lover. Good luck and Godspeed, my friends. I should actually be wishing myself good luck but I think I am way past receiving any kind of luck in this department.

P.s. Most of these guys weren't even from or living in Charlotte... they just decided to drive far and wide for some vag. It completely amazes me, actually, but I guess I shouldn't be that surprised... they do have dicks.

Comments

Popular Posts